In today’s episode, our hosts, Scott and Tracey, present their October selection for Future Disney Legend, film composer, Danny Elfman. They discuss his musical history, with a focus on his projects for Disney films. After a break to tune into WWED, they return with a look at the 1980 Disney live-action thriller, The Watcher in the Woods. Tracey and Scott review the film’s history, discuss why multiple endings for the story were filmed, and share their thoughts on the movie overall. Our hosts then wrap up the show with a call over to the Main Street Cinema and some listener feedback.
Welcome to Disney, Indiana!
The Watcher in the Woods Links
Richard Chamberlain’s Monster Movie Kid Blog: 31 Days of Halloween – Day 13: The Watcher in the Woods
Scott Michael Bosco, who worked on the bonus materials for Anchor Bay’s special edition DVD of the Watcher in the Woods posted several Watcher in the Woods related articles on his former Digital Cinema website:
* The Watcher in the Woods: The Mystery Behind the Mystery
* Interview with Carol Baker (who played Helen Curtis)
* Interview with Lynn-Holly Johnson (who played Jan Curtis)
* Interview with Harrison Ellenshaw (who re-worked the ending)
* Interview with Sam Nicholson (part of the f/x team on the “other world” sequence)
The Movie’s Trailer:
Danny Elfman Links
John Braheny interview with Danny Elfman.
Jesse’s Blog Post on Disney’s D-TV.
The Watcher in the Woods (DVD)
Danny Elfman Disney Soundtracks
Voice Mail Line: (260)-3DI-CAST (334-2278).